Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Twinkling Triangle

In my feeble mind it should be cold today….not 60+ degrees!!  The sun twinkled (that is about all we got today - a twinkle of sunlight!!) through the clouds a time or two – at least it did in Upper East Tennessee.  It was so warm that is was difficult to gather my class together and go back inside to finish our lesson on triangles.

Once we finally made the trek back inside, my energy level was pretty low until we reviewed what we had learned yesterday with triangles.  At that point my energy level soared straight though the roof – many of my wonderful students had remembered yesterday’s lesson and their eyes twinkled with delight!!  YES!! 

The joy of watching a child put it all together in their heads and being able to explain how they got the answer is so energizing for me.  How about you?  Do you experience those energizing moments in your classroom?  Maybe it is as simple as learning basic addition facts………..no matter what the subject………those twinkling moments are so worth each day!!

Andrea - The Energizedtchr!

1 comment: